Mobile phone causes fire outbreak at filling station

A mobile phone on Monday caused fire outbreak at oil and gas filling station along Ajara, Badagry, Lagos State, when a motorist was said to be receiving call from the cell phone, which ignited fire, while one person was reported injured.

Penpushing reports that, one of the station attendant was said to have explained that, the fire was ignited by a spark from a cell phone at about 8.55pm, when a motorist picked his call while buying petrol into a container.

“This resulted in the complete burning down of the station building, a Toyota Camry car, and the generator house of the station. One of the neighbours who was assisting to pack glasses and another from the station sustained injury due to sharp cuts from the office glasses. He was rushed to Harmony Hospital along Itoga road, Badagry, where he received treatment on the cut, which wasn’t as a result of the fire,” he said

Penpushing further reports that, Head of Badagry Fire Service, Ade Husu confirmed the incident, adding that one person was injured, at the independent marketing filling station, explaining that the service got wind of it and rushed to the scene.

The head of the fire service station said the authorities got to the filling station about ten minutes later and commenced efforts to put out the fire, adding that findings showed that the driver of the car had already bought fuel into his car

“By our findings, we were told that the driver of the car had already bought petrol into his car. When he started the engine, it exploded; but there were no casualties before and after the incident. The officials of the fire brigade were able to put off the fire at about 12:55a.m,” he said.

FOOTNOTE: You want to share story with us? You want to advertise with us? You need publicity for product, or service, or   event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348073463653 or email [email protected]



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button