The America White House Medical team has declared that, the isolation of President Donald Trump and his wife having contracted coronavirus will not hinder administration of the country by the infected President.
Penpushing reports that, the personal physician to Trump, Sean Conley made this known in a statement, adding that the medical team will maintain a vigilant watch on the President and his wife
“Rest assured I expect the President to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments. The President and First Lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence’, he said.
Penpushing further reports that, the personal physician while providing update on the couple coronavirus test as well as his current health status in a memorandum for White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, on Friday said he had “permission” to release information on the development.
“I release the following information with permission of President Doanld J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump. This evening I received confirmation that both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus’, he said.
“The President and First Lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence. The White House medical team and I will maintain a vigilant watch, and I appreciate the support provided by some of our country’s greatest medical professionals and institutions’, he added.
Penpushing also reports Trump had earlier on Friday disclosed that he and his wife tested positive for coronavirus which as at the time of filing this report has killed over 208,000 Americans eight months after the American President first claimed that the virus was “a new hoax’ by members of the Democratic party.
“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!,” he announced on his Twitter page.
Penpushing reports that, Trump has continued to hold mass rallies, with optional mask-wearing and zero-adherence to social distancing requirements against regulations of the Centre for Disease Control (CDC)
The controversial American President, who earlier described coronavirus as ‘Chinese virus”, had this week during the presidential debates, defended his decision to keep holding rallies in spite of the risk to his supporters, while in his responses to questions about mask wearing, he implied that himself and his team had gotten tested just this Tuesday before the event.